Founded in the Netherlands in 2012, the Rainbow Cities Network (www.rainbowcites.com) is dedicated to networking and cooperation between municipalities that are particularly committed to LGBTIQ+ issues. The network would like to strengthen and support the local communities through exchange.
Together with the “Queeres Network Niedersachsen” (www.q-nn.de), a non-profit organization, committed to the interests of LGBTIQ+ in Lower Saxony / Germany and offering an excellent work infrastructure, we are looking a
paid in accordance with German TVöD (tariff contract in public service) Bund E12
- Identifying relevant news, articles and conferences related to local LGBTIQ+ policies and posting them to all members
- Manage, write and publish the newsletter
- Advertising for new subscribers in relevant newsletters and among partner organizations
- Updating and feeding the RCN website. Promoting the website in international settings and networks.
- Collecting and compiling the one-pagers. Distributing the final documents via the RCN website and relevant institutions
- Co-organising the preparatory- and annual meetings
- Communicating with potential and new members
- Actively approaching potential and eligible cities to become a member (during conferences, meetings, etc.)
- Following up and monitoring any expression of interest by cities on the membership procedure
- Giving support and advice to individual members
- Linking up with relevant institutions, networks and organizations
- Representing the RCN and sharing the expertise and good practices of the network in relevant international contexts and conferences
- Moderating the closed mailing list via E-Compass Lists including adding, changing and removing members etc.
- A degree in a relevant subject area
- Competence in the field of same-sex lifestyles and gender identity
- Experience and knowledge with SOGIESC themes and the different LGBTIQ+ communities and subcultures
- A team player with good organizational skills
- A good communicator with diplomatical skills
- Independent and time flexible worker
- High resilience, motivation and stress management
- Ability to communicate and cooperate in English and German, other languages are an asset
- Knowledge of project management.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education, conferences and congresses and travel abroad if needed
- Good knowledge of administrative procedures and administrative structure
We want to hire on a taxable basis. Therefore, it is indispensable to have a permanent residence in Germany. Although we offer all kinds of flexible work, the workplace and office will be located in Hannover, Germany. We are offering a permanent position ideally beginning 1st November 2019. The candidate should keep in mind, that with a growing network our goal is to extend the position to a full time one in the near future.
We recognize diversity as an important part of our corporate culture and strive to create an open work environment that offers equal opportunities to all people, regardless of their cultural and social background, age, religious views, gender and sexual Identity.
The Job interviews will take place in Hannover from 30th September-1st October 2019.
The successful candidate will need to be present at the annual conference in Esch-sur-Alzette (Luxemburg) on 24th-25th October 2019. Travel costs for Esch will of course be covered by the network.
Make sure to send us a meaningful and motivated application.
All applications should be received by 15th September 2019 at the latest.
Please send your application by Email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Juliane Steeger via Juliane.email@example.com, telephone (0049) 511 168 41915 or Anouk Erkelens via firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone (0031) 06-23554629.